THE CITY OF WEISER IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A FIVE (5) MONTH GARBAGE UTILITY WORKER
NATURE OF WORK
Works under the direction of the Public Works Director. Completes daily collection of solid waste along scheduled routes within the City of Weiser. Position requires a daily routine operating the city’s automated garbage collection trucks during the five (5) months, 29 hours a week. Applications are available at Weiser City Hall, 55 West Idaho, 83672. Closing date April 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. The City of Weiser is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Must complete daily scheduled garbage collection routes in the City of Weiser.
- Operates the automated garbage collection trucks.
- Complete daily inspection of the solid waste collection trucks for correct operation and report any deviations or malfunctions to the city’s maintenance mechanic.
- Makes repairs and services collection containers.
- Refuels trucks as required.
- Reports any changes in garbage containers that would would effect the operation or billing.
- Handles field inquiries from public on garbage services.
- Completes weekly cleaning of collection trucks.
- Knowledge of municipal solid waste collection and disposal system.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, practices and appropriate methods for solid waste collection in commercial and residential locations.
- Knowledge of standard practices of solid waste disposal at sanitary landfill transfer stations and landfill locations.
- Knowledge of solid waste truck operations.
- Knowledge of automated solid waste pickup and transport methods.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINGING
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Class B CDL.
- One year experience in driving trucks and truck equipment.