The City of
Weiser Police Department is currently accepting applications for
Police Officer. The Weiser Police Department is a progressive,
community-oriented department seeking motivated, career-minded
officers who will be responsible for performing a variety of duties
involved in the enforcement of laws and the prevention of crimes;
conducting and participating in general investigations of crimes,
accidents, and cases; controlling traffic flow and enforcing state
and local traffic regulations; and performing a variety of technical
and administrative tasks in support of the Department.
Work Schedule: Varied to include, day/evening/night shift, Holidays, weekends/weekdays.
All equipment and uniforms issued upon hire
• Take home vehicle program
• Two weeks of vacation per year (after second year) with incremental increases for years of service
• Overtime/ Comp time paid bi-weekly
• 10 paid holidays annually
• Paid medical and dental insurance for employee (Blue Cross, Blue Shield)
• Eight hours of accrued sick leave per month
• Idaho PERSI
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- 21 years of age
- NO FELONY CONVICTIONS
- Must pass Idaho P.O.S.T. Physical exam.
- Must have an accredited high school diploma or GED. College preferred
- Must have a State issued driver’s license; Idaho driver’s license at time of hire
- No marijuana consumption within the past (1) year
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Must possess the strength and physical ability necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- All candidates are required to pass the following to be considered for appointment: Physical fitness test, Written exam, Interview with a board of Officers, Polygraph exam Background investigation, Psychological evaluation, successfully complete the FTO (Field Training Officer) program and POST academy within one year of hire date.
Application packets may be obtained at the City of Weiser Police Department at 262 E. Court Street in Weiser or visit the City of Weiser web page at cityofweiser.net
APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE WEISER POLICE DEPARTMENT BY 5:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13TH, 2019.